Thread: 50th Anniversary and Thanks!

Todd - Thank you for hosting the forums!

Today, March 5th, is the 50th Anniversary of "Not That Much Different."

There's a lot going on in this episode as we get a slight peek into the counter-culture of the time. It comes down to jealousy and taking out the top dog of the pack.

For a memorable episode, this doesn't necessarily do it for me but that's okay. I know several people who like it and there is a bit I liked - the little red car. As Mr. Mike points out in his review, where/how did West get such an expensive car? It was $6800 new and that's in 1968/1969 dollars. Was he getting money from his parents? Did he have access to a trust no one knew about? Ah, the unanswered questions. I don't have to wonder why I keep coming back or why we're still talking about this show 50 years later.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    One of the sports cars, like the red one seen in the show (a 1967 Toyota 2000GT), sold at auction last year for $665,000.

Cadet
    Many thanks Mike, Todd, Bobbi et al for keeping the Five-O Forum flame burning! Looking forward to seeing the rest of 'the regulars' migrate over -- where are you, Big Chicken!??

For those lurking here who preferred the "Guestbook" format of Mike's forum, just please try registering here and giving it a shot.

It's actually very easy to use, and the threaded discussions make it easy to follow topics.

Welcome to mach440, Mike, and Bobbi, and I hope to see more of you soon.

Originally Posted by Todd View Post

Welcome to mach440, Mike, and Bobbi, and I hope to see more of you soon.
    thank you Todd!

Thread Information