I agree with a lot of what you said.

They have definitely had a lot of stupid episodes in there. There's been some good ones, some okay ones, and some stupid ones. More stupid ones than there should be, and a lot of stupid mistakes which shouldn't be happening in a big budget production show.

Some of their missteps were mind-boggling.

The restaurant fiasco was one. It seemed like literally nobody liked it. The restaurant was originally conceived as an "out" for Danno -- to give him a satisfying end to his storyline if Scott Caan chose not to return. Once Scott returned, they could have easily dropped the whole idea until he either left the show in a future season, or the show was about to be cancelled.

Instead, they foolishly went ahead with the frustrating and tedious ongoing story of the trials and tribulations with trying to open a restaurant. I know they watch social media. I know they had to be aware everyone hated it. So why go on and on and on and on with a storyline everyone detests? Finally they got the message and put the storyline to a merciful end, but far, far too late.

Here are some other things they do which I really dislike:

- Emotional storylines about new characters (friends, relatives of the main characters) that we're supposed to care about, but simply can't because these are new characters

- Offscreen deaths of major villains (they have done this several times in the past few seasons, and it's so anti-climactic)

- Long "Ohana" segments at the end of certain episodes. One per year is too many!

- General time-wasting with nonsense, and then not having enough time to flesh out the main storyline. Notice the best episodes are the ones where they don't do that (such as Season 9, Episode 17).