Thread: Underrated episodes

Which episodes do you think are really good, yet underrated?

Here are some which come to mind:

The Joker's Wild, Man, Wild!
    Computer Killer
    I'm A Family Crook, Don't Shoot!
    Steal Now -- Pay Later
    Just Lucky, I Guess

I'm going to have to think about this one.

One that comes to mind immediately is "A Distant Thunder"

It's a solidly put together episode even with its flaws. I will admit too, it's tough to watch but worth it.

I agree with you Todd. Those are some good episodes listed.

I don't know if some of these qualify as underrated but here are some more from me:

Two Doves and Mr. Heron
    Practical Jokes Can Kill You
    Blood Money Is Hard to Wash (I've gone out of my way to watch this one multiple times)

To lesser extent because I don't know if they're necessarily considered underrated:

Death's Name is SAM
    Murder - Eyes Only

I always thought S3’s “The Second Shot” was underrated. A blazing Richard Shores score, great guest performances from Marley and Braeden, and a clever plot with some good action sequences, courtesy of Michael O’ Herlihy.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    The Late John Louisiana
    Honor is an Unmarked Grave

Great topic Todd! Some underrated Classic HFO episodes are:
    (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

1. THE DEFECTOR- (Season 8). Not many talk about this episode but strong solid to finish. Ormsbee is very intelligent and cantankerous Doctor and has a wounded Chang Lee in his room. A great friend and Scientist. Interesting characters and a solid finish as Chang takes the cyanide pill.

2. TEN THOUSAND DIAMONDS AND A HEART (Season 3). I'm a big fan of this episode. It's a slow developing episode but a good payoff in the end. Lennox is a cool character and I like how everything works out like they had planned. The fake heart attack, the medical attendants coming in who were part of the crew, stealing the diamonds, etc. It's too bad McG is too intelligent. It should have worked.

3. EAST WIND, ILL WIND (Season 10) I guess this is underrated as it's not an episode many talk about. I love Mrs. Sandanarik's grace and beauty and strength. The Madame also doesn't tip her hand whether she's with the new regime or against it. Enjoy the scene where McG goes first in the wheelchair to trick Colby and Company.

4. DEATH MASK (Season 11) I have enjoyed this episode as a big Season 11 fan. I'm not 1 for musical scores and things but it has a great Egyptian sound running through it.
    It's always good to see Cyd Sharise. This time as the wealthy artist Alicia Warren and very attractive here in her middle age. Mick Chandler pulls an incredible switch of the mask and Warren proved she had the talent to complete the mask. Chandler later becomes a loose end and is eliminated by Warren.

5. YES, MY DEADLY DAUGHTER (Season 9) Lee Mei and Jerry (Leader of the Wu-Chings) brilliant daring robbery of the money is a stunner. She proves to be just as deadly as beautiful. Luring poor Jerry the Boyfriend to his death at the hands of Varna. Duke gets a car at full speed and some boxes to boot for his investigative work. Also liked the ending as they chase through the maze of dense foliage.

Highest Castle, Deepest Grave was definitely another which was among the show's best, yet rarely makes people's top 10 lists.

Agree with both Bobbi and Todd on Death's Name is SAM and Highest Castle, Deepest Grave. Definitely underrated episodes. I was curious in Death's Name Is Sam...Say the undercover HPD man had not jumped in the Helicopter. I wonder how the episode would have played out. It's an outstanding episode start to finish. I have Highest Castle, Deepest Grave in my Top 10 FAV episodes. Fantastic story and acting. Everyone at the top of their games. Duncan's painting of Mrs. Mondrego is exquisite. McGarrett is even captured by the beautiful woman in the painting. The other episodes listed as Underrated are good choices.

Thread Information