Thread: The Duke--->Duke FAV Episodes

I was wondering what are your FAV Classic HFO episodes with Duke. He's a hard-working member of the team. I like how the writers show how Duke advanced in his law enforcement career to become HFO. Some of my FAV Duke episodes are:
    1. Death Is A Company Policy
    2. The Meighan Conspiracy
    3. A Death In The Family
    4. The Case Against Philip Christie
    5. Number One With A Bullet

That's a few episodes I like with Duke in them. What about you?

This actually made me think... were there any episodes specifically about Duke?

It seems like he was always just kind of "there", but never the main focus of any particular episode. Maybe there was one, and I'm forgetting it.

On that note, was there a Kono episode? I don't think there was. Obviously there were several episodes cenetered primarily around McGarrett, and we had some about Danno and Chin.

"The Ransom" was a Kono episode, perhaps the only one. It highlighted Kono's bravery and dedication to the job, even to the point of possibly sacrificing his life.

Duke’s first appearance in Death is a Company Policy is definitely a Duke-centric episode. He gets set up same as Chin Ho in Cry, Lie. I suppose that was the only Duke episode. But then he does get some extra attention when he’s injured in My Friend, the Enemy (photo solution in his eyes) and Stringer (car he’s in flips over, driver is killed). McGarrett shows some real sympathy for him in those episodes.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    It was not just Kono whose life was in danger in The Ransom, it was Zoulou's!

At the 1996 Five-O convention, Zoulou said that during the final scene, it was him -- not a stunt man -- in the box suspended above the ocean. If someone had screwed up and the box fallen into the water, Zoulou would have drowned!

I also have to go with Death is a Company Policy.

The Descent of the Torches is also interesting as it questions Duke's beliefs. I wish the episode would have focused a little bit more on Duke's struggle between his job and his heritage.

Thread Information