Thread: The Streets of San Francisco

Anyone here remember this hit 1972-77 ABC police/detective series w/the late Karl Malden as Lt. Mike Stone, Michael Douglas as his longer-serving partner Insp. Steve Keller (1972-76), and the late Richard Hatch as his other partner, Insp. Dan Robbins (fifth and final season, 1976-77)?

I have CBS' all-in-one DVD of it, and I've finished it, and it'll always be one of my favorites!

Attached are the Streets title from my copy of that all-in-one, and also some assorted pictures of my copy.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Love this show, another great QM detective show, beautifully remastered by CBS DVD. I bought all of the original half-season releases way back when, was never completely certain that the series would be finished....they paused the releases for a year or 2 mid-way through, then resumed them on a fast-track to the finish line.

Once that happened, I was able to toss my homemade DVD recordings from the local station. Need to do a rewatch soon!

Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Love this show, another great QM detective show, beautifully remastered by CBS DVD. I bought all of the original half-season releases way back when, was never completely certain that the series would be finished....they paused the releases for a year or 2 mid-way through, then resumed them on a fast-track to the finish line.

Once that happened, I was able to toss my homemade DVD recordings from the local station. Need to do a rewatch soon!
    Thanks for the response on that! I thought I might also say that, as few bonuses as this had (that pilot presentation and the brief Army Archerd interview, both on the first half-go), Karl Malden's performance as Lt. Mike Stone, and the remastering, were the main driving forces behind why I have enjoyed this remarkable series on DVD.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Oh yeah, I remember it, LOL...

http://www.thestreetsofsanfrancisco.info

Thread Information