Thread: Extreme reaction to last episode...

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    ... from Twitter.

Name:  fan-reaction.jpg
Views: 2144
Size:  74.3 KB
    Name:  fan-reaction-2.jpg
Views: 2260
Size:  57.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190311_102901.jpg
Views: 2198
Size:  84.3 KB

I'm at a loss..I would consider the entire series a train wreck! Yes, they've had some good moments but at what point does it become ridiculous? Granted, I don't watch the re-boot Five-Zero and this is exactly why!

Any idea where it stands concerning next year?

It amazes me how emotionally attached some of these Five-Zero fans are to the characters.

With the old Five-O fan group, it seems like even the biggest lovers of the series still viewed it from afar, as a television program (which it is!)

Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It amazes me how emotionally detached some of these Five-Zero fans are to the characters.

With the old Five-O fan group, it seems like even the biggest lovers of the series still viewed it from afar, as a television program (which it is!)
    I think that is really what is throwing me. Even my favorite show and the fandom I'm involved in realize the shows are TV. Could it be a different generation? I know that may not be the issue either because some of these fans are older too. Weird...

Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    It amazes me how emotionally detached some of these Five-Zero fans are to the characters.

Todd, do you mean emotionally attached? If they were detached, they'd be like the fans of the old show.

Oops, yes I meant detached. I wasn't paying attention when I wrote it!

I'll go fix the post now!

I knew what you meant

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Here is another posting recently on Twitter. Sorry, I did not keep the person's name...

I understand Alex and Scott needing time off but even when they are there they have nothing to do. It seems since we got back from the holiday break it has been non stop Grover/Junior/Tani/Adam stories and back stories while Steve and Danny stand around. While I liked them at first I am starting to resent them. PL praises them non stop gives them tons of stories and he never says anything nice about Alex and Scott and gives them no stories or back stories. If this does not change this will be my last season.

Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Here is another posting recently on Twitter. Sorry, I did not keep the person's name...

I understand Alex and Scott needing time off but even when they are there they have nothing to do. It seems since we got back from the holiday break it has been non stop Grover/Junior/Tani/Adam stories and back stories while Steve and Danny stand around. While I liked them at first I am starting to resent them. PL praises them non stop gives them tons of stories and he never says anything nice about Alex and Scott and gives them no stories or back stories. If this does not change this will be my last season.
    Could this be another sign that we're nearing the end with the reboot?

It’s possible that when their initial 6 or 7 year contracts expired, a condition to get the 2 leads to re-sign was agreeing to give them more time off, directing opportunities, and to appear less frequently or in fewer episodes. It definitely seems like that applied to Caan, and likely to a degree with O’ Loughlin as well.

The ratings are still good, and the H50/Blue Bloods combo helps CBS to win the Friday ratings battle each week, so it’s unlikely the show will be cancelled anytime soon.

Thread Information