Thread: Rank all 12 H5O Seasons from Most Favorite to Least Favorite

Like Mr. Mike, I have maintained a spreadsheet with 0-4 star ratings for each episodes, and then an overall rating average for each season. I’ve found that I sometimes adjust my ratings as time goes by and I re-watch the episodes. Here’s my current rankings (with the average rating on the 4-star scale):

1. Season 3 (3.44)
    2. Season 6 (3.21)
    3. Season 9 (3.20)
    4. Season 2 (3.16)
    5. Season 4 (3.15)
    6. Season 5 (3.08)
    7. Season 7 (3.04)
    8. Season 1 (3.01)
    9. Season 8 (3.00)
    10. Season 11 (2.22)
    11. Season 10 (2.21)
    12. Season 12 (1.76)

Hmmm...JeffH, this is tough! I know what the bottom is! :P I know I went backwards because I knew what the 12th rank was

12. Season 12 (hands down)
    11. Season 11 (there's some good ones, but in some they were "going through the motions" as Mr. Mike says in a review)
    10. Season 10 (you could see the wheels starting to loosen)
    9. Season 1 (good quality but they were still trying to figure out what they wanted to do)
    8. Season 2 (they were getting there, just not quite yet)
    7. Season 3 (starting to hit their groove but I find I like some other seasons better)
    6. Season 6 (this was the first season I took the plunge on to buy the whole year on Amazon)
    5. Season 7 (toss up between 7 and 5 - both good seasons with lots to take in)
    4. Season 5 (toss-up between 5 and 7 - both good seasons with lots to take in)
    3. Season 8 (another solid season)
    2. Season 4 (solid throughout)
    1. Season 9 (I know, it's weird but there are a lot of episodes I go back to again and again)

Great idea!

1. Season 6 (lots of excellent episodes, which are among my favorite)
    2. Season 7 (also several excellent episodes, but overall the season wasn't quite as strong as 6)
    3. Season 5
    4. Season 4
    5. Season 3
    6. Season 2
    7. Season 9
    8. Season 1
    9. Season 8
    10. Season 10
    11. Season 11 (slipping big time already - no Chin)
    12. Season 12 (mostly dreadful, a few ok episodes in there, only McGarrett and Duke remain from the prior seasons!)

All 12 Seasons. Good Topic!
    1. Season 3-MY FAV Season. Strong Episodes throughout! And A Time To Die..., Beautiful Screamer, The Second Shot, Trouble In Mind.
    2. Season 6-Two of my FAVS here in Draw Me A Killer and Hookman. Also 1 of my FAVS...Why Wait Until Uncle Kevin Dies? Strong season.
    3. Season 9-It's amazing 200+ episodes in how steady this Season is to me. Great opener in Nine Dragons. In many Top 10 or 20 lists. Assault On The Palace is a FAV plus Yes, My Deadly Daughter, and Double Exposure. Tails off near the end of season but still very good. Wonder how it drops quickly in Season 10.
    4. Season 4-One Of MY FAVS Didn't We Meet At A Murder Here? Season 4. Rest In Peace Somebody this season. Not many bad ones. I really don't like Follow The White Brick Road.
    5. Season 5-Known for masterpiece The V: For Vashon. I know it's 3 episodes.
    6. Season 8-An underrated Season. I remember on some TV station packages it goes Season 1 to Season 7. Season 8 has some FAVS. Honor Is An Unmarked Grave, Legacy Of Terror, Murder-Eyes Only, The Case Against McGarrett, The Defector, etc. Honor Is An Unmarked Grave might be my FAV.
    7.Season 2-I think Season 2 and 3 are the 1st full seasons I purchased on DVD. Solid season. Cry, Lie is a FAV and so is All The King's Horses and Blind Tiger. Some duds like Killer Bee and Nightmare Road bring it down. Plus, Bored, She Hung Herself.
    8. Season 1-For a Season 1, it really is quite good. MY FAVS: By The Numbers, King Of The Hill, Samurai, The Ways Of Love etc.
    9. Season 7-I was never a big fan of this season. Some of my FAVS: How To Steal A Masterpiece and The Young Assassins.
    10. Season 10-The decline is seen here. More mistakes and sloppy writing here. Love East Wind, Ill Wind and Tsunami. Up The Rebels 1 of the best this season. Chin Ho dies end of this season. Still can't believe it.
    11. Season 11-I really am a big fan of this Season. It's the 1st 1 I vaguely remember. I was born in the middle 1970's. Highlights for me. A Long Time Ago, Death Mask, Number One With A Bullet, The Pagoda Factor, Stringer, etc.
    12. Season 12-Would probably be last on most Classic HFO fans. McGarrett leading a new team into the future. A Lion In The Streets was a strong start. Also, the next one Why Don't Cops Cry? It then mostly slightly good to medicre to horrible. Woe To Wo Fat okay.

Very good topic about the seasons. Probably in June I'd have a different mix of seasons. JC

Thread Information