Thread: S09E21 reviewed

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    “He kama na ka pueo” – Five-0 investigates the murder of a man whose body may hold the key to a 20-year-old case involving a kidnapped girl whose father never stopped looking for her, Friday, April 12.

http://fiveohomepage.com/2010-log9.htm#21

I’d give this one 3 stars as well, it was good but had some flaws. I, too, was wondering how Henderson got into the crematorium late at night. That equipment should be locked down tight, I would expect, not to mention there would likely be some security cameras around, and logins required by computer to operate the crematorium controls.

Also, did Henderson enroll the daughter in school? Wouldn’t he need birth certificate and immunization records provided, unless he was a master forger?

Good thing Thomas Magnum wasn’t working that case! His P.I. career would be up in smoke.

Some good comic relief in this episode and funny one-liners made it enjoyable despite the flaws.

The cat plot dragged on unnecessarily. I wish they left that entire "Mr. Pickles" situation back in S05E17 where it belonged. That was a terrible episode, and everything resulting from it should never see the light of day!

Also, why were they letting a repeated drug dealer/petty criminal hang out all day unsupervised in McGarrett's office?!

Could have also done without the Adam/Grover shrimp scene. Waste of time.

The crime of the week was decent. Held my interest, and had no major flaws.

It's still unclear why Henderson burned the PI alive. I was sure that it was some sort of vendetta thing, but it turned out that Henderson simply wanted the guy off his trail. The whole crematorium thing didn't make a lot of sense, as it immediately made it clear a murder had taken place, starting a search for the victim. Wouldn't it have been better if the PI simply "disappeared", being dumped in the ocean or buried in the jungle somewhere?

The kidnapped girl looked way too much like her age progression photo. Sadly, age progression technology just isn't good enough to age-progress someone from 18 months to 21 years old, and look very much like what they really do. (On a side note, I'd love to take old pictures of myself and try to age progress them using such software. But I think the free sites which do this do a very cursory job!)

Thread Information