The scenery is beautiful (though artificially enhanced), there's some pretty well done action scenes and special effects, and they've created essentially a new show, while somewhat paying homage to the original series.

A lot of women find the new McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin) very attractive, though as a straight man that doesn't matter to me.

The "crime of the week" which takes place on most shows is sometimes interesting.

Honestly, if they would just lose the silly time-wasting segments and get a better story editor (I suggest Mike), the show could be a lot better.

They've survived the actor departures very well. People have taken to the Tani and Junior characters pretty well, showing that the Kono and Chin characters weren't as essential as some people thought. I feel that the Noelani coroner character (replacing "Max", played by Masi Oka) was an improvement. Max pandered too much to the "geek" portion of the fanbase. Once he was gone, they had Jerry take over that duty, and honestly Jerry is a better character anyway.