Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
This is something I've been pondering for the last couple of days. I'm more curious than anything and will admit upfront, I don't watch the reboot. That doesn't mean other people don't watch as well, just not my cup of tea. After all, there is a pretty good fan base out there for this series.

So what did they do right? What are they continuing to do right, if anything? Did they create interesting characters? When looking back at the original, is that being done well? Is the photography something to write home about? Is the choice of cars appropriate? Anything, no matter how small, can be discussed.

We tend to criticize the reboot a lot and it just seems like it would be a nice change if we considered what they do well.
I am a dyed in the wool fanatic about the original, even have Jack Lord's autograph tattooed on my arm. So I was not happy that they did a reboot, but I won't criticise here as I have done enough on my original five 0 groups on fb. I do have the programme on mainly for the scenery which they have got right, the aerial view are stunning and we get lovely sunsets. There was one outstanding episode about Pearl Harbour, when they filmed the first part in sepia and the actors played parts from the past. I didn't realise just how badly the Japanese Americans were treated, it really opened my eyes and after I travelled to Hawaii and saw the filmed archives in the Courthouse film room, I learned a lot more. It was very moving and the episode reflected the reality of what happened in the camps. The other moving one, was when Joe white Died. There one of two other, I cant remember offhand. Although Alex can never compare to Jack Lord, He is a good actor and showed how much he cared about Joe. I'm afraid I don't like Scott Caan, he is too mouthy and just waves his arms about, He said Jack Lord was a relic and no one remembers him, I can't forgive him for that. If it wasn't for Jack and the original five 0, Caan would not have a job as he can't act and Jack is still remembered by thousands. Will Caan be remembered in 50 years with two memorials, I don't think so. The reboot is good for the now generation as it is noisy and brash and they seem to kill as many people as they can each week and its what the generation of today want to see, judging by the computer games, kill as many as they can in the shortest possible time. Oh one more thing, I was so glad they chose Dennis Chun to be a part, He reminds me so much of Kam. That is probably the best thing they got right.