Thread: Trying to identify an episode

Hi! I am trying to identify an episode. All I remember was that it involved so-called "snuff films," with Steve intoning right before the commercial break, "Murder on film!" Familiar at all?

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    There is no H50 episode which deals with a "snuff film," which supposedly shows someone being really killed, as far as I am aware. If there was, I'm sure there would have been a response by now. I presume you are talking about Classic H50 here.

I think you have this either confused with some other TV show, or you have it confused with the episode "Cloth of Gold" (4th season).

In that show, a 16 year old girl has been forced into a life of prostitution and given drugs to "do those things," described as "filthy things," which were taped with "a video machine." She was made to "watch what she had done." She died from infectious hepatitis from a dirty needle and her father was out for revenge against the three men, all slime bags, who were responsible for his daughter's death.

There is no suggestion that that she made a "snuff film."

The only other one I can think of is "The Banzai Pipeline". That wasn't a "snuff film" either but rather a kid on the North Shore trying to make a film in the same vein as "Endless Summer". The kid was kind of a witness to a murder (I know he saw the bad guy but didn't see the deed itself). He stole the murdered guy's wallet and keep pawning stuff he bought with the stolen credit card.

The kid eventually steals a high power zoom lens so he can finish his film. Toward the end of the episode, he panned his camera around the beach and got a guy in the brush as he was aiming for the kid's brother who was out surfing because they thought the brother was the witness. Both of them wind up dying during the episode. But the film wasn't "snuff".

Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    There is no H50 episode which deals with a "snuff film," which supposedly shows someone being really killed, as far as I am aware. If there was, I'm sure there would have been a response by now. I presume you are talking about Classic H50 here.

I think you have this either confused with some other TV show, or you have it confused with the episode "Cloth of Gold" (4th season).

In that show, a 16 year old girl has been forced into a life of prostitution and given drugs to "do those things," described as "filthy things," which were taped with "a video machine." She was made to "watch what she had done." She died from infectious hepatitis from a dirty needle and her father was out for revenge against the three men, all slime bags, who were responsible for his daughter's death.

There is no suggestion that that she made a "snuff film."
    Thanks. I am familiar with both episodes and neither one seems to be the one I am looking for. I am sure I saw Steve say it ("Murder on film!") But if this audience can't find it, then my memory really might be playing tricks on me. Thanks.

Thanks. I am familiar with both episodes and neither one seems to be the one I am looking for. I am sure I saw Steve say it ("Murder on film!") But if this audience can't find it, then my memory really might be playing tricks on me. Thanks.

It's not "Big Kahuna" is it? It was a first season episode and the only other one I know of that dealt with any filming. It had a whacked out movie director/producer and Five-O found him based on a piece of special effect projection screen found in the yard.

Thread Information