Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Originally Posted by ringfire211 View Post
Wait, there was a ROCKFORD reboot that actually aired? Who played Rockford?

I know there was some talk of a reboot and even possibly casting Vince Vaughn in the part but nothing ever came of this. I know there was an IRONSIDE reboot (with Blair Underwood) and a CHARLIE’S ANGELS reboot which only lasted a few episodes. But this is the first I hear of a ROCKFORD reboot.
Yes, there was a real Rockford reboot. It was made in 2010, starring Dermot Mulroney as Rockford. Beau Bridges was in it, too. Apparently it was terrible, and it never aired. I can't get a hold of it, though. I'd still like to see it, despite it likely being very bad.

Did you ever see the Rockford TV movies of the '90s? Those weren't very good, either. There were 8 of them -- the last of which being the worst by far (it even kicked around on the shelf for 2 years because the network didn't like it, either).

The weird thing was that most of the same people were involved in the Rockford TV movies. I think the writers just got rusty, and forgot what made the original series so great.

I wonder what Five-O would have been like if there were TV movies later on. I think Jack Lord had alienated too many people by the end of the series run for that to happen. I'm actually surprised it wasn't attempted, though. It was a beloved series, and there would have been a big appetite for TV movies featuring the Five-O gang in the '80s, even if they had to resurrect Chin.
Ah ok, that explains why I never heard of the reboot. It never aired. I thought you meant it actually aired. Actually I recall someone mentioning Dermot Mulroney. But I thought that was just speculation. I didn’t know they actually filmed something with him. Who did Beau Bridges play? Rocky?

Nope, I’ve never seen any of the TV movies of Rockford. I heard that they weren’t too bad but not as good as the series itself. As is always the case. I did see the Return to the Streets of San Francisco TV movie and while it wasn’t terrible it was nowhere near the quality of the original series. You just can’t recapture the original magic, even with the same actors. Maybe it’s a good thing we never got any Five-O TV movies. I think season 12 pretty much put the kibosh on that.