Okay, so I got the story from Mike -- kind of.

Mike somehow got a hold of the pilot and posted it on his webpage, but took it down at some point because it's big and was using a lot of data on his hosting plan.

I now have a copy of it, and am attempting to post it to YouTube. However, the bots on YouTube will sometimes get finicky and auto-remove stuff like this, so I don't know how long it will stay up. So watch it quickly!

If it goes down, I might re-host it on this server, since I have higher bandwidth limits.

I agree with ringfire -- the first 5 minutes don't look that bad! I haven't watched the rest yet.

Incidentally, Five-O's main competition in the '70s -- "The Rockford Files", which aired in the same timeslot through part of Five-O's run -- also had a failed reboot attempt. That one was in the early 2010s, and those who saw it universally said it was awful. I haven't been able to get a copy of it, though.

Anyway, here it is. Cameos by Zulu, Kam Fong, Moe Keale, and James MacArthur, playing their old Five-O characters. Yes, somehow Chin came back to life, and Kono was back as if his character never vanished.