Thread: Nehemiah Persoff

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Congratulations to character actor Nehemiah Persoff, who turns 100 today! He appeared in 7 Classic #H50 episodes: Number One with a Bullet, Parts 1 & 2; Dealer's Choice ... Blackmail; Hit Gun for Sale; Charter for Death; Will the Real Mr. Winkler Please Die?; and Deathwatch.Name:  persoff.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  6.5 KB

My favorite appearance was “Deathwatch”.

I really enjoyed him in Will the Real Mr. Winkler Please Die? The turn of emotions in nothing flat was impressive.

Mr. Mike, I'm glad that someone besides me noticed! Nehemiah Persoff, who seemed to be in just about every TV series I am aware of during my youth, joins that exclusive club which includes such accomplished actors as Norman Lloyd, Olivia de Havilland, and Kirk Douglas. Not bad company AND the only actor who appeared on the original 5-O who cracked the century mark if my arithmetic is correct. Or do you know of any others? From my recollection of the various guest stars, nobody is close to reaching that milestone although the likes of Kevin McCarthy, Buddy Ebsen, William Schallert, and Frank Cady came relatively close. In any event, an incredible accomplishment for Mr. Persoff.

Thread Information