Thread: "Most Likely to Murder"-- why wasn't Gloria held equally responsible?

Was reading Mike Quigley's expanded review of the second-season episode "Most Likely to Murder," and it says that Gloria Warren supposedly left for the bank to get money for Gary Oliver so Gary could get off the island, but instead tipped off Lew that Gary was in the apartment, subsequently letting Lew in to shoot Gary dead, for which McGarrett got mad at Lew.

What I'm wondering about this now is, if according to the review, Gloria tipped off Lew that Gary was in the apartment, why wasn't Gloria held equally responsible with Lew for Gary's death (IOW, why wasn't Gloria deemed an accessory)?

This is a good question and one that I've held off answering because I wanted to re-watch the episode first.

Gloria could have very well been charged as an accessory later on as Lew gave his testimony. He did tell Danno in the car all he could think about was arresting Oliver after "she called". Of course, this wasn't the case because Lew intended on killing Oliver from the word go. Perhaps because of that fact, Gloria wouldn't be held as an accessory because she didn't know what Lew's true intent was.

I would also say, Lew deserves an Academy Award for all his acting. He's shell-shocked when he's told his wife was having an affair not to mention when he barges in at the beginning of the show playing the aggrieved husband. He's a cad - checking out his handiwork as the lab gets done on the inside of the house. To me this makes Lew Morgan one of the creepiest of Five-O villains because he knew *exactly* what he was doing when. I can only imagine what kind of a mess the case would have been if McGarrett agreed to let him help.

Thread Information