Re-viewing Classic H50 shows has resulted in some demotions as far as the ratings is concerned. Not a big deal in most cases. I am not at Hookman and Nine Dragons yet, but I think they would both no longer be 4 stars, though they are still my favorite episodes.

Recently I did Trouble in Mind, which I thought was outstanding. But I had to go back and check something and then I realized there is a "flaw" in this show.

The big deal about this show is there is contaminated heroin going around which has killed 5 people already. The drummer at a jazz club (played by Morton Stevens) is then one of the victims. But the question is, who supplied him with the bad heroin?

One of the major suspects is this guy named Harry Partch, who was in the club early in the show. When McGarrett and Chin Ho go to this guy's place later they find heroin, but Che Fong checks it out and he says that it is not contaminated. In fact, he said it is crappy, cut with milk sugar.

Later, Eadie Jordan (Nancy Wilson) goes to see Milton Selzer who has some heroin. Selzer is seen at the club at the beginning of the show. Rags, this guy at the club knows that Selzer has heroin, and he sends Eadie to Selzer's place. Eadie and Selzer turn on together, but he doesn't take any of the dope. And it turns out this dope is the stuff that is contaminated with arsenic because some rat poison accidentally fell into the smack. As a result, Eadie dies.

BUT ... the big question is, where did the other 5 people who died get their contaminated heroin? It wasn't from Partch, and it is very unlikely it would be from Selzer, who says that he kept some heroin around for his "friends." These people who died were not jazz aficionados who hung out at the club, as far as is mentioned in the show.