Thread: Never on cable tv anymore!

MeTv Ch. never shows it anymore where I live and neither does the Decades Channel. Are you guys finding it anywhere? I am wondering if CBS is now jealously holding it for their streaming subscribers and not licensing the show out anymore to cable.

Thanks.

I think it might have vanished because it went off the air almost 40 years ago, and it was a show which already appealed to an older audience when it first aired. Many of the big fans of the show during its 1968-1980 run have passed away.

It's also possible, as you said, that they are not licensing it out for competitive reasons.

I've actually wondered that myself if CBS isn't hoarding it for some reason. MeTV and Decades are both over the air channels and the biggest challenge is not every city gets them. In Anchorage, we get MeTV but not Decades

I was really perturbed when MeTV took off Five-O. They went as far as Season 7 then started over and then pulled. Just like Emergency! it was one and done. I was really frustrated but on the bright side, the MeTV run gave me a chance to watch and I've been hooked since. I remember bits and pieces from the original run but not a lot.

A few years back, Me-TV had Five-O on late Sunday afternoon, as part of an awesome Sunday afternoon lineup. I can't recall what year that was, but I believe Streets of San Francisco was on there, and thinking also Cannon and/or Mod Squad as well. I'm not sure if Barnaby Jones was in there either, but man I could camp out starting about 1PM and kick back until like 6PM. It was a great sequence of awesome shows.

That's the last time I saw it on a regular schedule, too.

Originally Posted by barnzoboy View Post
    A few years back, Me-TV had Five-O on late Sunday afternoon, as part of an awesome Sunday afternoon lineup. I can't recall what year that was, but I believe Streets of San Francisco was on there, and thinking also Cannon and/or Mod Squad as well. I'm not sure if Barnaby Jones was in there either, but man I could camp out starting about 1PM and kick back until like 6PM. It was a great sequence of awesome shows.

The last time I saw it on the MeTV schedule was Fall 2017-Spring 2018. It aired Monday through Friday at 6pm Eastern/Pacific and 5pm Central (this is the time when it aired in Anchorage). I got through Winter 2018 pretty well.

Thread Information