Happy 50th to S02E03!

I believe this is the first time we see Wo Fat (Khigh Dhiegh) again after the pilot. Are there six appearances he makes in the series or is it more than that? I know he's in at least three season openers (S03, S08, and S09) and the final episode of the series. Needless to say, he causes a lot of trouble during the course of 12 years and this episode is no exception!

Some brilliant minds are gathered for a conference/seminar at the Anderson Estate which will stand in for several houses throughout the show (as well as be "Robin's Nest" in Magnum, P.I. - thanks to Mr. Mike for that info in his excellent review!)

Wo Fat gets his men to send out a false tsunami warning and it takes awhile before anyone figures out it's fake. I believe it's Danno who points out no other station has reported the seismic event. Anyway, lots of chaos ensues in order to kidnap Dr. Lochner (Will Geer) who tries to outwit and frustrate Wo Fat at every opportunity including destroying his specific supply of insulin. This is one of the many things that make this episode worth watching.

Another thing making it worth watching is McGarrett's human side (we only see a glimpse) when he flirts with Victoria Lochner (Sabrina Scharf) who, for some unexplainable reason, lashes out at McGarrett in the hospital when they can't find her father, the aforementioned Dr. Lochner. She cooperates in the end.

They eventually find Dr. Lochner after a cool sequence of radio coordination between McGarrett and about four cars with Danno, Chin Ho, Kono and another guy from HPD. Wo Fat escapes (again and on purpose) to be seen soon in a short appearance later this season.

This isn't one of my top favorites but there's a lot I like about it - it's a very solid episode and one of their best examples of cat-and-mouse in the series. Happy 50th!