Yahoo is closing down its groups soon and will soon remove them entirely. There are various announcements about this which you can read by doing a Google News search, like this:

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 28, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed.

There was a H50 discussion group at Yahoo which started in 1998 and got very active around the time the new show started up. There were hundreds of postings per month (sort of like my own forum where there were so many postings around this time, I had to break up the archived files into 2 or 3 parts). I have attached a screen shot of the message posting history to this message.

The URL of this group is https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/H50FC/info, but that may not be of use, because it is a restricted group and access may be limited ... and will be even more limited shortly, because, from what I understand, you will not be able to join the group any more.

In the last 5 years, there have been hardly any posts in this Yahoo H50FC newsgroup. Most of them have been e-card greetings sent out on holidays from one particular member. I normally don't touch those because the links make me nervous.

There has suddenly been a "rising from the dead" interest in the group in the last few days because of the Yahoo announcement.
However, seeing messages in the group again has reminded me of something which used to drive me up the wall: the inability (or sheer laziness) of people to edit follow-up messages so we don't get the previous comments in a thread posted over and over in each reply.

These latest (and probably last) discussions there have also been full of HTML garbage which also makes me nervous, since the Internet has gotten a lot more dangerous since the group began.
Name:  messagehistory.jpg
Views: 1895
Size:  96.4 KB