Todd
Agree that Shake Hands With The Hands On The Moon is a good episode. It was 1 of the 12-15 episodes of the Series (1968-1980) that I never watched. I've watched it 4 or 5 times since my 1st viewing of it 2 winters ago. I think Wainwright was a perfect choice to play Royce. He's a large powerful looking man. 6-5 or 6-6. It's probably the type of man NASA would recruit for such a mission. I think 1 of the weaknesses of the episode that there wasn't a catastrophic or incredible event to explain Royce's fall from great heights. Had he survived an injury from a landing shuttle (near death experience) or lossed 1 of his children to cancer or something, I think his descent would have been more believable.
Devlin is the perfect villain. Perfect to play this role. He is usually 1 step ahead of the law. Moving to another state for another real estate venture. Devlin's Moonstone Venture in Hawaii will also be successful as former Astronaut Richard Royce is a spokesman for it.

I vacillate whether John David Knight the reporter should have been smarter. These reporters go into very run down areas and meet shady characters to obtain the info for their stories. When I noticed the dimly lit room, I would have checked out. Knight instead is blown up by some of Knight's thugs at the restaurant. They entered illegally and set up the phone bomb. A mugging gone wrong or something like that could have been better maybe. This showed Knight was targeted for murder.

I thought Chris, the girlfriend, added to the story. She was his girlfriend but also working for Devlin. I thought McGarrett was extremely judgemental of Royce throughout the episode. He usually doesn't attack a person to that degree. Chris must have some feelings for Royce as he would have walked into certain death at her place. They were waiting for him.

Enjoyed the scene where Ramos and Royce were talking on his ranch property. It was breath-taking beautiful the scenery. You could see why Devlin would want the property. Plenty of acres to build.

Agree on the ending. It would have been better with Royce holding Devlin down with the gun pointed at him. HFO team then arriving defusing the situation.

I would give Shake Hands With The Moon a strong 4.5 �������� 1/2 out of 6 stars������������. The washed-up Astronaut was an interesting story. Where does a person go later when they reached the pinnacle. An honored Astronaut exploring the moon. I also agree Wainwright played Royce the right way. It was smart for Royce to tape Devlin. JC