Thread: Another 50 related passing

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Paul Koslo appeared in two episodes:

Season 9's "Heads, You're Dead," a show which I can't remember much about, think it is time for a re-viewing

Season 12's "Use A Gun, Go To Hell," where he played Rolly

https://www.looper.com/146543/actors-we-lost-in-2019/

Another veteran character actor who left us in January of 2019, Paul Koslo sadly lost his battle with pancreatic cancer just nine days into the new year. He was 74 years old. According to a statement from the family (per Deadline), Koslo passed away in his California home surrounded by loved ones. The German-born Canadian began his acting career in the '60s, but wouldn't arrive on the scene proper until the following decade, when he became one of Hollywood's go-to guys for a villain and/or untrustworthy type.

The most notable movie from this period in his career is undoubtedly Nam's Angels (aka The Losers), an action flick that follows a gang of bikers tasked with rescuing an American diplomat from the clutches of the Vietnamese during the days of the war. Koslo's character, Limpy, drives a modified three-wheel Harley equipped with .50 caliber machine guns and a rocket launcher. It all sounds a little ridiculous, but Nam's Angels became a firm cult classic over the years, even getting a mention in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction.

Koslo did attempt to move away from the villainous roles in the days before he was typecast, delivering one particularly memorable, against-type performance alongside Charlton Heston in the sci-fi classic The Omega Man. "It was my first big movie," the actor said in an interview conducted in 2001. "I like it because it's different, totally different from any other film I've ever made. And being it was with Charlton Heston. He was a phenomenon... I loved that movie. "

"Heads, You're Dead" is about the yacht race and Sandi Wells winds up tied and gagged by the bad guys before being forced over board with a crew of three. I do like the Coast Guard workings in this one as it was fairly realistic because they DO send up C-130s to help in the searches.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    I revised my review of this episode, but there is still stuff to be done:

http://fiveohomepage.com/5-0log9.htm#198

I wonder if Sandi Welles had joined the team, if the tone of the show would have been more like Streets of San Francisco, a bit light-hearted at times?

Thread Information