Thread: Then and Now Photos

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As I watch the episodes on DVD I have been pausing the DVD and taking photos of the exterior locations they visit during episodes. I then try to find those locations on Google Maps. I can find about 60%-80% of the ones I try. I use the background of the mountains for a lot of shots that don't offer addresses or obvious landmarks. Sometimes I get lucky and there are addresses shown during the episode. And sometimes they blurt out the intersections, which are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Some of the shots are hard to get because there are now high-rises blocking the view or they've completely removed the buildings altogether. Here are some I've found. Enjoy!

These two photos are of the Makaha Resort from Season 2, episode 25. I suspect when they did the episode they didn't have an aerial shot of the resort so they used a rendering of the resort that was drawn by architects and planners for the actual resort. It looks like they never finished the resort as planned 50 years ago since some of what is in the original drawing doesn't show in Google Maps. For example, some roads are missing and several buildings on the right side were never built.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information