I watched this movie on Blu-ray. What an unspeakably bad movie. I think the person that wrote it up for Wikipedia should get a medal for being able to understand it. Very interesting production design in some spots but the story was just unbelievably cretinous. Is it based on a comic book or something? The photography looked very weird. It was sort of washed out much of the time. I have seen #1 and #2 of this series in the past, they generally "made sense."

By the way, in JW3, Mark Dacascos (Wo Fat in the reboot) has a major role as a villain and Randall Kim, now known as Randall Duk Kim, who appeared in Classic H50 shows "By the Numbers" (#1.9), "Deathwatch" (#1.11), and "King Kamehameha Blues" (#2.8), plays a doctor. Ian McShane, who has a recurring role in John Wick, appeared in Code Name: Diamond Head, an utterly mediocre 1977 Quinn Martin TV pilot based in Hawaii which starred several Classic H50 actors (France Nuyen, Zulu, Don Knight, Eric Braeden, Dennis Patrick, Frank Liu, Harry Endo) and had music by Morton Stevens (see https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075862/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1).