Thread: Review of S10E21, second-last show

Just watched it. Ready for the series finale. In a way, it feels strange that this is about to be over (well, actually already IS over... just not for me!)

I was thinking that perhaps a TV movie with further Five-Zero adventures could be in the cards down the line, no matter how this all ends up (please don't post spoilers for the final episode, as I haven't seen it yet).

McGarrett tells Danno that he almost doesn't want to unlock the mystery about his mom, "after all she's put us through". I actually agree! I never liked the entire angle involving his mom, nor was she a particularly endearing character. I was actually moved by the Joe White death and McGarrett's reaction. His mom...not so much!

The gang involved in the crime of the week was indeed pretty nasty, and the Hector Acosta character would have been a good villain, except.... why did he always behave as if the law can't touch him? He actually negotiated the hostage deal with McGarrett himself! What?! How did he expect his gang could continue operating on the islands after that? Isn't the whole point of a criminal organization being that the leaders hand the dirty work to underlings, and it's difficult to prosecute them? Major plot hole there.

The Cole character was interesting, but clearly the second-to-last episode was the wrong time to introduce him. I understand that they wanted someone to take over for McGarrett and/or Danno if they left and the series continued, but couldn't that have been done next season? Seems like a weird time to introduce a new character.

I found it insane that the woman and her child weren't under police protection after Hector Acosta made an open statement to McGarrett that he would get vengeance for his dead brother, who was killed while defending the woman and her kid. Sure enough, they got kidnapped! Whoops!

Todd- don't read my response to Mr. Mike's final episode review as I talk pretty thoroughly about the final episode. Just so you're warned.

Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    Todd- don't read my response to Mr. Mike's final episode review as I talk pretty thoroughly about the final episode. Just so you're warned.
    Thanks. I made sure not to read that until watching the finale tonight!

Thread Information