I probably shouldn't comment on this because I don't watch the reboot. I get there is a lot of people out there who like it and don't want to see it end, but here's my thoughts.

I don't have a problem with any of the cast, they're people. My problem is Lenkov: I don't think that man has had an original thought ever. It also doesn't surprise me he wanted another season. I have a feeling they knew the show was ending before they announced it and if that was certainly the case, it is a poor judgment call on Lenkov's part to spring the announcement on fans as late as he did.

I've been thinking about the reboot the last couple of days because I know Friday is it. 10 years is a pretty good run and part of me is surprised the series lasted the long. I've said it before and will say it again, the pilot didn't hook me in. I have read reviews and followed threads here, all the while watching the original series multiple times (that's another story, trust me). My biggest problem is that Lenkov, in his grand scheme of putting together this series, made Danno into an insufferable jerk (and I'm being kind). The few times I have watched, I've also been annoyed by Scott Caan's mush mouth (maybe he actually speaks clearly in the show and I haven't seen it).

Another factor: CBS is kind of in flux right now. As far as I know, they haven't permanently replaced Les Moonves who was one of the people who was really behind this show when it premiered a decade ago. Of course, he's been ousted because of sexual misconduct so one of the higher up backers has been gone for awhile (part of my surprise the show lasted until Friday). This could explain, at least partially, why the ax came down now. The network could be putting in someone else who could potentially gut the schedule but with all the Covid-19 stuff going on right now, that may not happen until next year for both the permanent replacement and the gutting. I've also read where there might be a writer's strike on the horizon too.

However, the bottom line is that Alex O'Loughlin is not physically able to continue: at least not at the pace he's been going (based what I've read). At some point, one has to make a choice and I believe he chose his health over continuing. I wish him well in the rest of his life and whatever future endeavors he undertakes. That goes for the rest of the cast as well.

I just hope the final episode is one that fans will like but I have a gut feeling it may be more along the lines of "Woe To Wo Fat": ending the show on a whimper rather than something more worthwhile.