Thread: Classic H50 is ending!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A "Made for TV" movie would have been cool. I also have wondered if classic H-50 could have flourished with a theatrical extension beyond the TV show - think Mission: Impossible here, or something of that nature. Although obviously the TV reboot has served CBS very well.
    If I had to simply draw a line at an existing season and say that's it, I would have to choose Season 9. Obviously some of the season's latter episodes would need to be re-done to accommodate the end, and I know this would in some cases throw the baby out with the bathwater for certain episodes of seasons 10 through 12, I think it's a pretty decent cutoff point.

Originally Posted by barnzoboy View Post
    A "Made for TV" movie would have been cool. I also have wondered if classic H-50 could have flourished with a theatrical extension beyond the TV show - think Mission: Impossible here, or something of that nature. Although obviously the TV reboot has served CBS very well.
    If I had to simply draw a line at an existing season and say that's it, I would have to choose Season 9. Obviously some of the season's latter episodes would need to be re-done to accommodate the end, and I know this would in some cases throw the baby out with the bathwater for certain episodes of seasons 10 through 12, I think it's a pretty decent cutoff point.
    Unfortunately, while a TV Movie sounds good in theory, it probably would have been lousy.

Most TV-movie-after-the-series-ended efforts have been underwhelming.

"The Rockford Files", another '70s drama I love, had eight TV movies in the 1990s. All eight ranged from mediocre to terrible, with the very last one being the worst by far.

"Hunter" tried the same thing in the 2000s, and the TV movies also weren't very good.

Both shows were similar to Five-O, in that they were all '70s/'80s hourlong crime dramas. I'm kind of glad Five-O didn't do anything further until the reboot in 2010.

Thread Information