Lenkov was a stereotypical Hollywood type - arrogant, phony, dishonest, among other things. That he got fired now is overdue. They should have gotten rid of him years ago. I even read an interview with him where he claimed that he only did the remake because his father liked Hawaii Five-O and he (Lenkov) didn't remember much of it. It would take me a while to find that article, but it was published during the early years of the show's run. He did everything that a producer should not do - bad casting choices from Day 1; scripts with so many plotholes, you stick your fingers through them; gunfights, car chases, and explosions right and left to pad the storylines; stunt casting, annoying background music, shaky camera angles, and on and on and on. It looked like he never cared about the show at all and was intentionally doing everything to make it less of an homage and more of a defamation.

I noticed the weird obsession with Alex O'Loughlin on blogs and on the IMDb. It looked like he was a magnet for possessive, obsessive, love-starved, boorish women over 40. He had some younger fans who were also not the best of stock, either. I didn't get the appeal. Beauty is subjective, they say, but there were so many more handsome actors on TV at the same time who were also better actors than AOL.

Those women were even badmouthing AOL's wife when he got married. "She's not that pretty. What does he see in her?" I read online. It was idiotic. Many of these women were in so deep that they were very vicious towards me and fans of Jack Lord and the original show. It was as though they felt there was some threat or rivalry. That shows their insecurity.