Thread: Lenkov gets the chop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm sure these are the same people who thought the reboot was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Funny, I was reading through some prior threads and one was about the reboot's finale.

I can't say that I'm super surprised about this turn of events. On the other hand, holy crap! They fired Lenkov!

With that said, here's my quick thoughts about Lenkov's firing:

1) It sounds like the guy was a total jerk and treated most people badly who were involved with the show

2) I think the sexism and racism thing is being overblown. The article even acknowledges that he would be an asshole to the straight white males, too. So isn't the more likely explanation that he just was a total jerk, and that it probably wasn't based upon race or gender? Even if that was a small part of it, I'm guessing it wasn't a major reason he acted the way he did.

3) CBS apparently believes it pretty strongly. They put out a harsh statement about him, making it clear that he's not involved with them in any way anymore.

4) I have a feeling there was lots of resentment on Five-Zero regarding how Scott Caan (and in some cases Chi McBride) got to take full episodes off. The female cast members (which ones?) were apparently unhappy about how male actors got time off when they didn't. I'm guessing this was more of a case of the actor's importance to the show, rather than sexism -- similar to the reason Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park didn't get salary parity with Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan. In short, I think this claim is likely BS.

I do think Lenkov was an abrasive jerk, though, and I believe most of the general personality accusations about him.

Thread Information