Todd & Ringfire - I agree wholeheartedly (especially Ringfire's point that the whole show was a big hot mess).

To Todd's point, I agree the series wrapped well considering what was there.

From what I've read on various comments and some blogs (kool-aid girl anyone?) many of the fans wanted to see McDanno go off together into the sunset. I totally don't understand the whole thing. I've thought about it some (probably too much when we're honest about it) considering the dynamics between the two pairs (Lord-MacArthur and AOL-Caan). First off, the latter were born practically the same day coming into roles where the two actors were nearly 17 years apart! The dynamics are going to be different with that one variable alone.

My biggest problem with Lenkov's reworking was that Danno became an insufferable jerk and many noted happily when he wasn't in an episode including some reviews Mr. Mike did. I don't disagree with that point of view. My disconnect is that they made the character completely opposite of what made the original Danno so appealing. Again, I know I'm missing something because there are a lot of people out there who like Caan and his portrayal. He makes me want to throw up.

Give me the flawed original any day and we all know that show had its own issues where it was a hot mess too. I'm just glad it didn't degenerate into the soppy mess of McDanno of the reboot.