Thread: Nutty/Psycho bad guys

I just rewatched S07E16 A Woman's Work Is With A Gun and Dina Hale (Patricia Hindy) is seriously crazy and not in a good way. She's a dope addict who shot her pusher in the opening scene and decides to pull off a series of tour bus holdups with two friends she met at Oahu Women's Center. The first one goes off with no problem and emboldens them to try more. The second she shoots out the windows and the third one of the accomplices and a police officer are killed. Of course in the end, five-O captures her and her surviving accomplice in an almost comedic scene where McGarrett lifts her completely off the floor and shoves her into Danno and both of them into a wall.

So we know Five-O has had its share of psychotic bad guys, does Dina rank on your list of the craziest bad guy? Why or why not? Who else can you think of who is completely nutty giving McGarrett and his crew grief?

Well, most of the “nutters” on the show were men so they definitely take the top spot. But Dina is no doubt the craziest of the females for sure!

Of course then there’s Barbara Baxley as Sadie in “One Big Happy Family” with her completely twisted sense of right and wrong. She’s psycho for sure as well but she’s definitely a more calm one, not one into doing the dirty work herself. Then there’s Beth Brickell in “Good Night, Baby - Time to Die” who throws a picture off the wall in pure rage at McGarrett at the end. And then there’s crazy Sharon Farrell in “A Capitol Crime” who’s pure nuts at the end.

But yeah I’d have to say Dina takes the top female nutter prize!! Look at her eyes and face while she’s shooting out the bus windows! Yikes!!! She’s practically orgasming there!!! Then we get that excellent freeze frame as the commercial wave rolls.

You can't forget Arthur in "Draw Me a Killer", who killed people to save a comic strip character from peril.

And then there was Eddie from "I'll Kill 'Em Again", a copycat killer who killed simply to thumb his nose at McGarrett, whom he considered the ultimate authority figure.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    I think Eddie in "I'll Kill 'Em Again" is definitely the nuttiest of all. Dina has plenty of reasons to act psycho, primarily because she is a dope fiend who needs money.

Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I think Eddie in "I'll Kill 'Em Again" is definitely the nuttiest of all. Dina has plenty of reasons to act psycho, primarily because she is a dope fiend who needs money.
    I felt bad for poor Mr. Beecham. Such a nice guy, and Eddie killed him in cold blood. Though that was the mistake which led to Eddie being caught.

Time to resurrect this thread! I have discussed the issue of "who are the biggest nutters on Classic H50" this morning with some pals by text messaging and we have come up with the following Top Five:

Eddie Josephs (I'll Kill 'Em Again)
    Arthur (Gish) (Draw Me A Killer)
    Marcus Lucien (Elegy in a Rain Forest)
    Johnny Kling (The Bells Toll at Noon)
    Yoshio Nagata (To Hell With Babe Ruth)

Or should we make this a Top Ten?!?

I'd have to also add Richard Hatch in "Study In Rage" because this guy's singular obsession with Gretchen Corbett may be the most disturbed case of obsession with a single individual and leads to multiple murders in the process.

That's a solid list Mr. Mike.

If you were to make it a Top Ten, who would be the other five?

I also agree Mike in "Study In Rage" is scary obsessed with Glynis Martin. Don't know if he would make the Top Ten. And what about Big Chicken?

Here are some other nominees for "nut job" as discussed with friends this morning...

Billy Shem Jr. “...And I Want Some Candy And A Gun That Shoots”
    Thomas Robert Ralston “R&R&R”
    Lester Smith “Mother's Deadly Helper”
    Vic Tanaka “Wednesday, Ladies Free”

I dunno about Big Chicken, he isn't a nut job, just a sleaze bag ... hmmm ... time for another category?

Another one to think about is Lucien from Season 9 Episode Elegy In A Rain Forest. He was already in prison but escaped. The Skyline Killer Season 11 was kind of out there too. They didn't show him much on the screen. JC

Lucien is already included in the posting of 01-14-2021...

Sorry, Mr. Mike. I noticed Lucien on your list after I posted. I'm glad to be back on the forum. Had to get a new password. Happy to discuss Classic HFO. JC

Thread Information