Thread: Streets of San Francisco soundtrack music to be released soon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok that’s crazy that we’re getting SOSF but not HFO. I’m not surprised to see “Act of Duty” on one of the discs as it’s probably the best scored episode of the series. But honestly I just don’t remember any of the other scores. They just don’t register with me the way the HFO scores do. It’s just the typical Patrick Williams SOSF twang from episode to episode. Not bad but just very samey. Doesn’t really stand out. There are some suspense cues here and there for sure but nothing like HFO. Except for “Act of Duty” which really stands out because its suspense cues are VERY memorable and creepy.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    With regard to the lack of an H50 soundtrack collection, please refer to this Film Score Monthly discussion:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boa...ID=1&archive=0

Got my copy the other day. Great presentation! Been watching a couple episodes that are represented on the CD like "Glass Dart Board" to get me in the mood to listen to more of it. To address one trivia point of that episode regarding a hockey team referred to as "Blazers", no there was never a team with that name. In the 70s, the Bay Area had a terrible NHL team that played in Oakland, the California Golden Seals who were in their last season at the time of this episode (in the 60s, a minor league hockey team, the San Francisco Seals had played at the Cow Palace).

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    I got my copy today. I ordered it Sept. 28th! This had to come from California and go through the border as well, which usually results in delays. Not sent by Priority Mail or anything fancy. I was expecting to get it 2 or 3 weeks from now.

Thread Information