OK, I've rewatched Horoscope. I will attempt to type this out very slowly...my head is about to explode! (and I'm tired to boot, so I hope this makes sense) I'm trying to focus on the card switching, rather than everything else.

So, in the course of the episode, Mel visits Agnes at her house and hands over the "client's" information. This is right after Cindy (Kerry Sherman) gave Agnes her boyfriend's information (the card we see flashed onto the screen on Rick Makulu (played by Kimo Kahoano), a Pisces born March 18). Now, Mel picks up this card but Agnes takes it back from him. This is after she writes down the information on the Scorpio client.

When she runs the charts later, Agnes runs it on the Scorpio, claiming it is Rick Makulu. McGarrett has it right, Agnes is a "ding-a-ling" because I thought at first she mixed up the cards. But she later says her secretary mixed up the cards. Now there was a point that once Mel left the house, Agnes gave the cards to her secretary to type and file, so this is a logical conclusion (something this episode is sorely lacking).

Watch the part where she initially talks to Mel at the planetarium. This is where Agnes tells Mel her secretary probably switched the cards. And in yet another twist, Agnes surmises the killer broke into her house (which he did) and switched the cards. The giveaway is that Mel knew about Rick's temper (like the other victims) due to "Mars squared Uranus." This means Mel had to run Rick's chart but the only way he could have done that was from memory so Mel must have a photographic memory! (which is never mentioned).

Apparently Mel put Rick's name on his own information but this makes zero sense because Agnes glimpsed Rick's information. Now it's possible she didn't notice the switch because of 1) she was so into running the chart and couldn't see the forest for the trees (or if the obvious were a snake it would have bit her) and 2) she didn't make a mental note of Rick's information on the initial glance.

After that, this ending completely sucks! It's beyond stupid. Agh!!! McGarrett doesn't believe in astrology, yet he spews all this crap at Mel who's holding Agnes on the planetarium catwalk with Danno just standing there to get the weapon (an "Arkansas toothpick") and arrest Mel!

The other aggravating part of this episode is the number of victims. McGarrett has the charts on his office cork board, but we only see four charts. At this point, there were five victims (Danno even says so in Rick's apartment after they find him dead). There is at least one other reference to four victims by Agnes after the lifeguard is killed (victim #5) on Sandy Beach.

I hope I'm clear as mud.

This is how I feel right now: Name:  ugh.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  40.7 KB