After rewatching S12E05 "Good Help Is Hard To Find", I'm struck at the end of the episode where Mark Maynard (pain in butt reporter that McGarrett locks horns with) tells him he received "an anonymous tip". This is where they were on the beach and the cops laid in wait as the chemicals were brought to shore by Guido Marioni and his goons for Tony Alika.

McGarrett's reaction is odd because he says of the tip, "I wonder who gave you that."

Up to this point in the episode Alika has been feeding Maynard all this crap about how Five-O is screwing the pooch. My question is, based on McGarett's reaction/assumption that Alika tipped him off: why Alika? Wouldn't that be a stupid move on his part to 'advertise' that angel dust chemicals are landing on Oahu? Surely he would have a way to spread it on the street that angel dust was available. He even mentions that he has multiple pushers on the street.

It just struck me as odd that McGarrett would make the assumption (that's how I saw it) that Alika tipped Maynard.