Tonight, S03E07 "Force Of Waves" aired.

The episode literally opens with a bang after McGarrett meets Clark Sloan (Thomas Norton) and they're on the way out to Sloan's yacht. The tender explodes killing Sloan and injuring McGarrett. The only reason McGarrett survives is thanks to Cal Anderson (John Vernon) who jumps in to pull McGarrett from the water.

Because McGarrett has a concussion and a broken hand, Danno has to take the lead in the investigation to figure out who killed Sloan. The prime suspects are Sloan's young wife Maria (Linda Marsh), her ex-husband Neal (James Daris) and her slimy lawyer Fairbirne (Dewey Martin). Fairbirne is the target of many of Danno's sarcastic remarks throughout the episode, which I find hilarious.

The episode deals with mental health in the way "Killer Bee" does. Turns out, Cal is responsible for Sloan's death and for two others: one in Maui and the other in Singapore. These related cases are a bit far-fetched for my liking.

Mr. Mike does a wonderful job summing up everything in his review: http://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log3.htm#56

He rated it two stars and I think that's fair. It's one of those meh Five-O episodes. I could watch it again but it's not on the top of my list necessarily. However, we do see Danno taking charge and making sure McGarrett doesn't push it with his injuries. It's a good episode for Five-O team dynamics.

Happy 50th "Force Of Waves"!!