Thread: Who are McG's girl friends?

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Did I forget anyone here?

Cathy Wallis (Time and Memories) - old GF, but she is a suspect

Cathi Ryan (Man in a Steel Frame) - I think they "did it," but the flashbacks are dopey

Margo Cooper (Thanks for the Honeymoon) - an old flame, they are hesitant, can't make up their minds about whether to resume relationship

Marni Howard (Gun for McGarrett) - he takes her out somewhere, I dunno how close they get

Chelsea Merriman (Sing a Song of Suspense) - she stays at his house, eats yogurt with him

Rosemary Quong (Cocoon) - they probably did it, there is a large age difference

Nicole Wylie (Singapore File) - they share a crappy room on a steamship, hmmm...

I don't know if Victoria Lochner (Forty Feet High And It Kills!) counts, but he flirted with her.

Then there's Nurse Edith Lavallo (Blind Tiger) where he had a hospital relationship with her.

Another iffy (big iffy) is that McGarrett becomes obsessed with the painting of Mrs. Mondrago in Highest Castle, Deepest Grave. No relationship but he talks to the daughter a lot who is a spitting image of her mother.

There's the reporter, Elena Lewis, who tries to hit on him in Killer At Sea.

There's also Kate Holbrook in A Killer Grows Wings. She's a widow and the way they interact, I wonder if something else isn't there.

In Cop On The Cover, there is some tension between him and Terri O'Brien. They have dinner at the closing of the episode.

A Short Walk On The Longshore has McGarrett engaging with Frankie Demara but I don't know much further the relationship goes for him. He's pretty broken up about her being killed in the end.

In My Friend, The Enemy he flirts with Liana Labella. This particular part creeps me out just thinking about it as both he and Danno are trying to get her. (bleh!)

There's others that are possibilities but I wouldn't necessarily call them girlfriends. Heck, my list is pushing it.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    A Short Walk On The Longshore has McGarrett engaging with Frankie Demara but I don't know much further the relationship goes for him. He's pretty broken up about her being killed in the end.
    Sharon Farrell, in her autobiography, writes:

"On one of my appearance [sic], I had played a drug-addict/prostitute, who hanged-out [sic] at the Opium dens on the wharf. At the time I was into 30s and 40s dresses, I had worn some of my own findings for the shoot. [Did she wear a dress in this episode? - MQ]

"Jack's character, McGarrett, had gone undercover as a Sea Captain [??] to bust the drug dealers, and he really had gotten into me, or my character. There was even a kiss, and an old fashioned fade-out to indicate "You know what happens next," on that show. Jack was sending me flowers every day and treating me, I realized later, in a very weird manner. I thought he treated every leading lady the same. Though apparently, he had just been in character.

"That was some kiss! It even came with a bit of tongue. But there could be no future in his special caring for my character. I died in his arms."

[Did she wear a dress in this episode? - MQ]
    Yes, she was wearing a cool black dress when she was busted at the opium den and wore it for the rest of the episode.

Thread Information