Todd, it may be a bit unfair to compare this episode to Vashon or I’ll Kill ‘Em Again. It’s apples and oranges. Completely different types of episodes. On top of that you’ve got the suspense factor in those episodes which is much higher. I do believe Over Fifty is one of the best episodes and yet I can’t deny that it can’t quite compete with a masterpiece like I’ll Kill ‘Em Again or Vashon or Rest In Peace, Somebody or Hookman. Those are master classes in suspense and are just pure Five-O through and through! Over Fifty or Family Crook are not exactly typical Five-O fare. They’re the exception, not the norm. I wouldn’t introduce someone to Five-O through those episodes because they don’t represent the true “spirit” of the show, which is hard-edged stories, suspense, creepy villains, serious mood, etc. I would save those light-hearted gems for later.

But yeah if you love Draw Me a Killer as much as you do it would be really hard for light-hearted episode like this one to blow that one out of the water. The decks were stacked against that happening. Like I said, it’s a very different type of episode.