Today, S03E13 "The Payoff" is 50!

The episode follows a gang of five: Jase (Warren Vanders), Vince (Albert Salmi), Toomey (Paul Carr), Lew (Richard Brady) and Madge (Madilyn Rhue). Six years before they kidnapped the son of Washington State's governor. They were paid $500,000 but the son died. Unfortunately, he's not the only one.

The episode opens with Vince tracking down Jase who is from Hawaii and returned trying to start over. Vince shoots him and leaves him for dead. However, Jase survives long enough to realize his old girlfriend Madge betrayed him and to phone Toomey and Lew in Seattle. Jase's current girlfriend Lila (Joyce Van Patten) didn't have anything to do with the kidnapping but she is key to Five-O nailing the gang because Jase died at her house after telling McGarrett everything.

Mr. Mike does a much better job in his review and excellent gallery: http://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log3.htm#61

Five-O tracks everybody down to the Hawaiian Village Hotel (I think this is the Hilton Village now? I remember walking past it when I stayed at the Hale Koa in 2015). A gunfight ensues with the gang busted and one of my favorite scenes in the episode with Madge trying to hang onto all the money and sniffling while doing so. Like duh! The cops busted you guys, girlie...suck it up!

This is another strong episode and a good one to introduce someone to the series. This was another episode when it aired on MeTV that got my attention. It's not one of my favorites again but it's really well done all the way around. What sticks out to my is Madge. She is pure evil and fun to watch. She starts the events in motion in betrayal and the eventual undoing of the gang.

Happy 50th, The Payoff!!