Sorry for the long title and being late (oops!). I've been in the middle of a two-day purge.

Wednesday night saw the 50th Anniversary of S03E16 - Ten Thousand Diamonds And A Heart.

Tim O'Connor is a genius criminal, Sheldon Orwell, who also happens to have a bad ticker. An oily bad guy named Lennox (Paul Stewart) springs Orwell from jail as Orwell is about to be transported. Lennox doesn't play games, killing both his henchman and driver when Orwell is brought to him. The pair have a tense relationship long enough to grab about $10 million worth of diamonds.

Five-O gets involved when the two dead men are found. Through ballistics testing a known gun emerges. Her name is Brunhild and is a gun McGarrett has been after for about 10 years.

Lennox and Orwell assemble a team to fleece the Honolulu Diamond Exchange. Orwell feigns a heart attack (sort of) in an elevator while the heist goes down. Turns out Orwell took a drug to give heart attack symptoms which lead to other issues later on.

The chase is then on as the team reassembles into a getaway car and leave Orwell behind in the abandoned ambulance because they believe he actually had a heart attack and is dead. But what happens next takes the term "double-cross" to a whole new level. Orwell had his wits about him enough to switch the jewels with some stones that look like hematite (at least to me).

Mr. Mike's wonderful review is here: http://www.fiveohomepage.com/5-0log3.htm#64 and he is far more logical than I.

This is a good episode even though it's been a while since I've watched it. One thing: O'Connor is pretty recognizable. Most people may know him from his role on "Buck Rogers" starring Gil Gerard (who guested on Five-O too in Season 10). O'Connor does make another Five-O appearance as Jonathan Kaye in S04E16 & 17 "The Ninety-Second War".

Happy 50th "Ten Thousand Diamonds And A Heart"!