Thread: Revised ratings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bobbi, season 9 isn’t my favorite season. I think seasons 1-6 were the show’s glory years personally. That said, I think 9 has stronger episodes than 8. A Capitol Crime, The Bells Toll at Noon, Target-A Cop, and Man in a Steel Frame are all stronger than any episode from season 8. So that already says a lot. On the other hand season 8 doesn’t have a turkey like See How She Runs. I used to also really dislike Let Death Do Us Part but at least there’s a good mystery somewhere in there. If you can make sense of it. See How She Runs is just baaaaaad.

I used to also like 9 better 7 but I can’t say that anymore. 7 still has a good dose of that season 6 edge to it. 3 of its first 4 episodes are pretty terrific! The Young Assassins, A Hawaiian Nightmare, and I’ll Kill ‘Em Again. Just like season 6 opened with the stellar Hookman, Draw Me a Killer, and One Big Happy Family.

Originally Posted by ringfire211 View Post
    Bobbi, season 9 isn’t my favorite season.
    I got that and I'm the opposite. I'm also in agreement that 5-7 (as Todd mentioned) were the highlight seasons of the series.

Originally Posted by ringfire211 View Post
    On the other hand season 8 doesn’t have a turkey like See How She Runs. I used to also really dislike Let Death Do Us Part but at least there’s a good mystery somewhere in there.
    Again, we'll disagree. Let Death Do Us Part is just stupid. See How She Runs makes far more sense sense to me. But I will agree on one point: they are not the best episodes of the series.

As I said, to each their own and this is what makes the show timeless and appealing after 50 years. Good grief, I didn't become a fan until 2017! That says a lot if a show can still pick up fans long after its original run. We, as fans, like what we like. We can point all the faults of every episode we dislike while looking at the ones we like (or love) and not see any. However, every episode has its faults and it's still good! To me, that's half the fun. It shows just how together things were. What we get in the last three seasons is a dose of reality when it ran its course and off the rails.

Thread Information