There are four episodes where McGarrett does have "sexist" issues. All four of them are in the tenth season! It is almost like someone on high told the writers in this season to "beef up the feminist angle."

The Cop on the Cover - When pain-in-the-ass reporter Terri O'Brien starts to ask why there are no women in Five-O, McGarrett says, "Okay, honey, that's enough," explaining that adding untrained people to the team could interfere with Five-O's effectiveness. There is sparring in the Five-O office when McGarrett says that Terri is "operating on female intuition," to which she replies, "I didn't know intuition had a gender." Frustrated by her constant meddling, McGarrett later refers to her as a "second rate Lois Lane" and calls her "Ms." O'Brien (which the subtitles translate as "Miss"). Terri herself could be accused of being sexist when she says of McGarrett, he presents a "very sexy image" to women. It is debatable whether Terri deserves to be the object of McGarrett's wrath considering how annoying she is.

The Silk Trap - McGarrett puts his foot in his mouth by addressing beauty pagent boss Andrea King as "Ms." When she tells him not to be patronizing, he replies, "I didn't mean to be condescending. I was just using a term women-libbers seem to prefer." However, there is no indication to suggest that King is a "women's libber." Prior to this, McGarrett even tells Danno to avoid the term "Miss" when talking to King!

Tall on the Wave - The new assistant district attorney Sunada (Luella Costello) is convinced that Ben Kanaka is guilty of murdering his girl friend and tells McGarrett, "Whether he's innocent of this crime or not, he has demonstrated a conditioned reflex, a violent response to authority," based on Ben having resisted arrest during an incident with the cops in the past. Sunada, who is very pushy, insists on being called "Ms." When Danno leaves McGarrett's office after annoyedly listening to her theories about why Ben is guilty as hell, he tells her, "Nice to meet you," adding "Ms." in a very sarcastic manner.

Angel in Blue (an episode I truly loathe) - When he finds out that "Bates" who he needs for an undercover assignment is Valerie Bates, McGarrett stammers, "There's been some misunderstanding here. This case is much too heavy for a lady." McGarrett tells her, "Ms. Bates, I've already lost a very close friend on this case. An experienced police officer. And it's going to be even more dangerous now for the person who goes in behind him. Even more so because we have to move so quickly." He continues, "No, no, absolutely not. This is not gonna work." Bates reassures him, "If you care to look at my file, you will find that I am an expert marksman and that I came in second at the academy in self defense." But he still can't accept this. "I'm not questioning your qualifications." Bates rubs it in: "Is it because I'm a woman? A woman may be the head of Hawaii Five-O one day, Mr. McGarrett." McGarrett goes on, "Ms. Bates, I'm concerned only for your safety." Bates says, "So am I. You can count on it. I knew the risks and the responsibilities when I chose this profession. And I assure you, I am a damned good cop." McGarrett finally relents, saying, "I have a feeling you are. All right. Okay, you've got the job."

Strangely, in the twelfth season show Who Says Cops Don't Cry, McGarrett offers a job to Lori Wilson, without getting himself all twisted in knots. As well, in Full Fathom Five, the show's first episode, Danno is the one who doesn't want to use policewoman Joyce to entrap Reese. Obviously they have to use her, because Reese is targetting women. When Danno objects, McGarrett tells him words to the effect, "Nobody asked for your opinion." On the other hand, in Twenty-Four Karat Kill, McGarrett tells treasury agent Philip Grey, who proposes they use Andrea Claire Dupré to entrap Johnny Fargo, "No dames, please"!