As I have mentioned before, I find McGarrett's remark to Dr. Dalton in Nine Dragons as in the following exchange pretty loathsome. This line is not in the script of the show which I have, which is not the final draft.

McGarrett outlines security procedures for handling the "deadly toxin" which people from the University of Hawaii are going to be studying for "important medical research."

Dr. Barbara Dalton: All very efficient, Mr. McGarrett. General Patton would have been proud of you.

McGarrett: I've always read that General Patton's main tactic was one of sudden lightning attack. Now, my position here is one of defense, doctor.

Dr. Dalton: Against Attila the Hun, Mata Hari, and the German 9th Panzer Division all rolled into one?

McGarrett: I don't know what's bothering you, but I can assure you that I don't like uniforms or guns on the campus any more than you do.

Dr. Dalton: You have a very strange way of showing it, Mr. McGarrett.

McGarrett: You're very pretty, doctor, and I'm sure you know a lot about chemistry, but let me lay out procedures for this operation, if you don't mind. My responsibility is to protect the people of this state.

Dr. Dalton: From the imaginary enemy that surrounds us all?

McGarrett: Well, for all of our sakes, let us hope that it remains imaginary, shall we?