Thread: Worst scene ever!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In the realm of "yell-y" Five-O actors, I nominate Simon Oakland as the worst offender. He grates me to no end. I don't know if he was a product of all those terrible early B&W era westerns where everyone yells their lines, but Oakland only seems to be able to express himself by varying his decibel levels, all of which are shrill. And don't get me started on the scientist prick that must have been a fan/writer/producer favorite as they kept bringing him back.

Originally Posted by ringfire211 View Post
    McG’s “sexist” comment doesn’t bother me at all. He’s an old school guy who’s not “hip” to the women’s lib movement of the late 70s. I’m sure he firmly believes that a woman has her place in society. Plus she was egging him on and he gave her exactly what she deserved. But ultimately it was a show “of its time” before all the PC nonsense of today and that’s what gives these shows from the past their appeal. That’s why we watch them over the stuff of today. If this sort of stuff offended our fluffy sensibilities then we wouldn’t be watching them. I know people who can’t watch any old shows because virtually everything offends them. The most innocuous off-hand remark or silly joke offends them. It’s pretty scary actually. It’s like “dude, it’s just a show, relax, no one is dying here”.

For me the worst scene has to be something that I find completely grating. And that can be none other than virtually every scene with Mark Lenard in “To Hell With Babe Ruth”. Every time he opens his mouth and starts ranting it feels like nails on a chalkboard. Horrid acting and terrible characterization. I don’t even care about the Asian makeup. It’s the yelling that makes me reach for the mute button. Can’t stand that!!

I think bad acting or "yell-y" actors could be its own thread.

There are others scenes that come to mind as being if not the worst, among the worst. I thought of another one last night:

After Danno drags Kona Emery (Alan Austin) out of the surf during the bust in S11E19 A Very Personal Matter, McGarrett blows off his second in command when they realize the real "pill doctor" is Dr. Savio (Don Pomes). Not only is there the snub on McGarrett's part but the script makes Danno look like an idiot, which totally ticks me off. (Yes, I'm biased).

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    HaoleDW, who are you referring to as "the scientist prick that must have been a fan/writer/producer favorite as they kept bringing him back"?

You're not referring to Max, the annoying coroner on the H50 reboot, are you?

No, the older cigar smoking navy scientist. Ormsbee.

Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    HaoleDW, who are you referring to as "the scientist prick that must have been a fan/writer/producer favorite as they kept bringing him back"?

You're not referring to Max, the annoying coroner on the H50 reboot, are you?

Thread Information