Thread: "Yell-y" people in Five-O

Since this was touched on in the Worst scene ever thread, let's start some a new one:

Who are the most "yell-y" people in original Five-O? You can include anything that you consider nails on a chalkboard. From speechifying to just being crazy. Whether the people make sense or not is no difference. Who would you put on this list?

One I can think of is Nehemiah Persoff in S11E12 & 13 Number One With A Bullet. As Allie Francis he yells at his lawyer (George Herman) after his guy Bernie Adams (John Barry) is killed when his car explodes. Francis goes off because he originally asked if the hit was personal but the lawyer hems and haws about the motive. There is also a scene where a dead sport fish is left in his Hawaii hotel room and he throws a fit yelling at the top of his lungs. Note that anytime he converses with McGarrett, Francis is very collected.

Probably not what you guys have in mind, but it's a start.

Simon Oakland liked to rant and rave a lot too. But it was never nails on a chalkboard, like Lenard.

One of the great shriekers was Sharon Farrell herself, full nails-on-chalkboard as the terrorist in A Capitol Crime from S9.

Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    One of the great shriekers was Sharon Farrell herself, full nails-on-chalkboard as the terrorist in A Capitol Crime from S9.
    Yeah but her shrieking in that episode was actually effective. She was a total nutcase there and played it very well. Great episode!!

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Persoff tends to yell a lot, but his characters demand this. I recall someone who interviewed or otherwise dealt with him a really long time ago told me that he is a gentle pussycat in real life! I made some video tapes of his episodes for him at the request of that person, and he wrote me a nice e-mail back.

I agree with Ringfire (WHAT?!?!) that Farrell in A Capitol Crime is very good with her screaming and yelling, which is quite in character. She also has a full-fledged meltdown at the end of Why Won't Linda Die?, an episode which, unlike Capitol Crime, is majorly stupid, especially the music by Cacavas, which is a really bad imitation of Morricone. Terrible!!

Simon Oakland annoyed me as well. Every time I think of him, he's yelling. He did that throughout Kolchak,the Nightstalker and in every guest appearance in which I have seen him.

Thread Information