Here are my Grades Hawaii Five-O For Classic Hawaii Five-O Season 1 (1968-1969) according to the Four Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐ System here on the Forum. I also utilize Half Stars but no Quarter Stars. Episodes either will jump up to a full 3 or 4 stars or be at 2.5 or 3.5.
Season 1 Classic HFO (1968-1969) 4 Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐ System
Pilot-Cocoon Part I and II----3.5 Stars
1. Full Fathom Five----3.5 Stars
2. Strangers In Our Own Land----2.5 Stars
3. Tiger By The Tail----3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐
4. Samurai----3.5 Stars
5. And They Painted Daisies On His Coffin...---- 3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐
6. Twenty-Four Karat Kill----2.5 Stars
7. The Ways Of Love----4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
8. No Blue Skies----3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐
9. By The Numbers----3.5 Stars
10. Yesterday Died And Tomorrow Won't Be Born----4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
11. Deathwatch----3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐
12. Pray Love Remember, Pray Love Remember---- 2 Stars ⭐⭐
13. King Of The Hill----4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
14. Up Tight----2 Stars ⭐⭐
15. Face Of The Dragon----2.5 Stars
16. The Box----3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐
17. One For The Money----3.5 Stars
18. Along Came Joey----3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐
19. Once Upon A Time I and II 20. ----3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐
21. Not That Much Different----1.5 Stars
22. Six Kilos----2.5 Stars
23. The Big Kahuna----2.5 Stars

Some Quick Thoughts. I really enjoy By The Numbers but couldn't quite give it 4 Stars. Decided to round up for The Ways Of Love episode. Love watching McGarrett undercover in prison and his escape with Barca. Giving it the 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐ honor. King Of The Hill is a definite 4 Stars episode. Yaphet Kotto had an exceptional performance here as CPL John Auston. 1 of the 1st episodes I've watched of Classic HFO. Yesterday Died And Tomorrow Won't Be Born has earned 4 Stars. A few years ago, I had it at 3.5 stars marking it down for the ending as Trinian takes his time to ascend the staircase. Danno arrives just in time. I decided that wasn't enough to downgrade it to 3.5 so I have it the full 4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐. It was a winding staircase so it might take longer to ascend. Two episodes that I enjoy Six Kilos and The Big Kahuna have some flaws that I've watched over time. Have to put them at 2.5. Samurai is 1 of the 1st episodes I watched. It's 1 of my FAVS and 3.5 sounds about right. Not That Much Different I believe is the weakest episode of Season 1. Full Fathom Five is a strong opening episode for the Series. It's a perfect 3.5 star episode for me. Reese is very charming and smooth. You can see why his plan worked for many months. JC