YES, MY DEADLY DAUGHTER REVIEW (SEASON 9) CLASSIC HAWAII FIVE-O. 3.25 Stars ⭐⭐⭐ .25 Out of 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐.

Yes, My Deadly Daughter is 1 of my FAV Season 9 Episodes and in the entire 12 year run. There's a spectacular introduction when Ray Vincent returns from Europe with 4 million dollars of laundered money. He's been helicoptered 🚁 to a secret forest location in Oahu and met by Lou Benson. They are employed by syndicate boss Chang Liu. Within a few minutes, Benson, Vincent and the Helicopter 🚁 Pilot are all surrounded and murdered by the powerful Wo Chings street gang. The Wo Ching leader ,Jerry Quan, has been given special inside information by Lee Mai Liu, the 20 something daughter of the syndicate boss Chang Liu. It is interesting the 3 men are not taken somewhere and used to collect more money 💰 for ransom. Instead, they are killed and bodies placed in the forest. Bobby Kalani, a young hunter, finds the bodies and is later beaten up by the Wo Chings. I find it implausible his name and address would be released that early in an important investigation.

Loyalty and Oaths are important themes in Yes, My Deadly Daughter. Jerry as the leader of the Wo Chings shows his loyalty to the gang hiding the money in the water tower. Not splitting and flying somewhere with the money 4 million. Wo Chings have taken an oath of silence. They don't talk about things or other members. Varna shows his loyalty to his boss Chang Liu finding out who is behind the brazen murders and money stealing. HFO shows their loyalty in the devotion of truth and justice. Finding who killed Benson, Jerry, Vincent, The Helicopter Pilot.

Chang Liu becomes very upset losing 4 million dollars and the deaths of top associates. He gives Varna the task of finding out who is responsible and recovering the money 💰. Lee Mai and Jerry Quan are boyfriend and girlfriend and make a good team. They celebrate the success of the money and mission at Lee Mai's house. This is strange as Lee Mai usually is at her father, Chang Liu's place. Interrupting things when she enters his office room. Varna is right about being an inside job. Who could know when the helicopter 🚁 was arriving? Also where would they find about the location?

Varna conducts an investigation and pieces it together that Lee Mai was the information source. Innocently interrupting things in her father's office. She would know about the important dates and times and things. Lee Mai sells out Jerry to Varna who kills Jerry at the Wo Chings meeting area. HFO enters this meeting place but do not find the 4 million dollars. Lee Mai and Varna both barely escape the HFO team presence there.

Lee Mai memorizes the map location Jerry had given her. She is the only person to know where the 4 million is hidden. In the water tower. She burns the map very quickly as Varna arrives. This is 1 of the weaknesses of the episode. The map is on fire 🔥 pretty good and looks mostly like ash but Che Fong is able to put it back together in nearly perfect condition. The whole business about going to her friend's house and about going and finding the money in the morning...Another weakness. I think it would have made better sense staying at Lee Mai's place for the night. Or staying at a hotel. The episode climaxes as Varna proves his loyalty to Chang Liu. He contacts Chang Liu sometime later about the location of the money and who is responsible. Chang Liu is quietly waiting hidden from sight. Lee Mai is given a chance to save herself by her Father but she refuses. Thanks to Che Fong's map reconstruction, HFO team find the water tower location and round up Chang Liu, Lee Mai, and Varna and the money.

I would give Yes, My Deadly Daughter 3.25 stars. The acting is excellent throughout especially Jerry, Lee Mai, and Varna. Lee Mai could be incredibly cold-hearted and a poisonous type woman. Lee Mai wanted to prove that she could outsmart her father and mastermind a caper. Sacrificing Jerry showed that she was superficial. All about herself. Wanting all the money. A great episode! JC