Didn't We Meet At A Murder? 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐Out Of 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐.
This is 1 of my FAV episodes of HFO. It's very creative how the 3 people Bonnie Soames, Frank Wellman, and Clem Brown are blackmailed into killing syndicate man Mr. Mauritany. The 3 all shoot Mauritany at the hotel using specially designed silencer weapons. They alibi each other during the HFO rinse and wash interrogation cycle and HFO have little to go on. MCG sends Chin Ho out for some field surveillance on the Lanai Carpet Company. It pays dividends when Wellman receives an envelope. It doesn't make any sense to hand Wellman the package. He completed his mission and doesn't appear to have any nervousness or threats to call police. Wellman is an ironic name as he soon is not well. Becoming a dead man. Suicide most likely jumping off several stories or a little push from Clem Brown. The carpet company location is used to tunnel into the Federal Bank. I wish there were more scenes of them digging and working their way into the bank. There's a Season 10 episode at a record store where people are digging. Also I wish the conspirators were placing the money into different bags. They are seen emerging with the money already. This could have been the perfect crime but McG and the HFO team chipped away and were persistent. I think Didn't We Meet At A Murder? would appeal to older and newer Classic HFO fans. It's a very interesting story and the acting is excellent from all the participants. I currently have Didn't We Meet At A Murder at #6 of my greatest Classic HFO episodes. That's high praise indeed. JC