Thread: Oldest Living Hawaii Five-O Alumni

Some of the more established actors and young actors appeared on Hawaii Five-O over during its 12 year run 1968-1980. With the recent deaths of Henry Darrow, Jessica Walter, Yaphet Kotto, and others, I was curious who are the current oldest living HFO Alumni. Nehemiah Persoff is 1 that stands out from his appearances on the show. He's 101. Jack Hogan and Joanna Linville are some of my FAV actors I always liked. They are in their late 80's. I believe William Shatner recently turned 90. Can you think of some others?

I was surprised to see Jack Hogan is actually 91 and Joanne Linville is 93 now. They are older than I thought. Hogan did some good work in 6,000 Deadly Tickets as the bomber with the synthetic hair. Also in McGarrett is Missing. He's in the Coast Guard uniform working hard to pinpoint the location where the plane with McGarett and Bombay crashed in the deep rain forest. Linville excelled in Once Upon A Time as the quack Doctor, Dr. Fremont, McG battles and outsmarts in Court. Once Upon A Time is usually a FAV of many over the years.

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    With the recent passing of Norman Lloyd, who was 106 years old, Persoff is currently second on the list of oldest living actors, at 101.

Other people with a Five-O connection as per a list at IMDb:

Janis Paige, 98 (The Case Against Philip Christie)

H.M. Wynant, 94 (While You're at It, Bring in the Moon, 3 Dead Cows at Makapuu)

L.Q. Jones, 93 (King of the Hill)

Joanne Linville, 93 (Once Upon A Time, Kiss the Queen Goodbye)

Henry Silva, 92 (Savage Sunday)

Marion Ross, 92 (Air Cargo - Dial for Murder, Blind Tiger)

Clu Gulager, 92 (Assault on the Palace, Fools Die Twice)

Alan Miller, 92 (Shake Hands with the Man on the Moon)

James Hong, 92 (multiple shows, including H50 reboot)

Vera Miles, 91 (Dear Enemy)

Ed Asner, 91 (Wooden Model of a Rat, also H50 reboot)

Alan Oppenheimer, 91 (Friends of Joey Kalima)

Gavin McLeod, 90 (Big Chicken)

William Shatner, 90 (You Don't Have To Kill To Get Rich)

Mr. Mike

Thanks for the list of the Oldest Living HFO Alumni. I knew there were some I could not remember. A FAV of mine that is still alive is George Herman. He's 93 years old. Herman was on several episodes of HFO. 2 of my FAV Herman appearances: Dr. Baldwin-I'm A Family Crook Don't Shoot! He was the cool Doctor with the case that examined the money the Lovejoys had with them. I also liked him as Harry Oakland The Informant in Deadly Persuasion. Brad Stevens killed Oakland and framed Danny for the crime. He's had a great longevity and productivity acting, teaching, writing plays etc. I remember he was 90 a few years back when I was working on a HFO review. Good that he's still around. Janis Page was a good one. I remember her as the foreperson in the Christie trial. She argued with McGarrett during the Christie. I liked that episode but that was a good point. It should have been about the evidence brought forth during the trial.

James Hong made multiple appearances on The Big Bang Theory through its 12-year run too.

I know Shatner is still pretty active as well.

Thread Information