I am going through about 450 emails with trivia in them sent to me since 1999, with the intention of incorporating this information into the trivia section of my reviews where appropriate. These are a couple of stories sent to me by "Ann" in 2001: I have no idea if this information is all true; I had some comments that some of the dates weren't correct with may have happened by someone who should know…

I was on the set of "Man In A Steel Frame", in particular, during the big fight scene in the surf. "Steve" had just finished beating the crap out of the bad guy, handed him off to an officer (& I believe this was one of the rare moments when he did NOT say book 'em Danno), and then proceeded to walk off down the beach. So he's walking, & he's walking, & he's walking....the director calls out "cut"....Jack keeps walking. The director calls out a bit louder, "I said CUT, Jack!" Jack keeps walking, getting ever farther down the beach. "Hey Jack! You can come back now!" Jack just turns his head lazily to look back, waves him off & keeps on walking. Anyone who knows Jack Lord, also knows that he wasn't usually one for joking about. A lot of folks there weren't sure if they should laugh or not. It truly was pretty funny to watch though.

Another time, it must have been sometime in March or April of 1978, they were filming some scenes at Kapiolani Womens & Childrens Hospital in Honolulu. I have some history with Jimmy Macarthur & happened to be at the hospital for an ob appointment. Anyway, Jimmy invited me to join him for lunch, which I did. So off we all went to the hospital cafeteria. Sitting at our table was a young man, one of the crew. Not noticing that Jack was standing very near to him, the young man spoke up & said, "Jack's so stupid, he needs que cards to say Book 'em Danno!" A few people laughed, most especially the young man, until he turned around & saw Jack standing within just a feet of the table. Jack had heard every word & was PISSED! The young man was fired immediately.