Thread: Scooby Doo Five-O

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Some person e-mailed me several years ago:

I've got a seven-year-old daughter who is VERY much into Scooby Doo, especially these new direct-to-video movies they've been making. One of the latest (if not the latest) is "Aloha Scooby Doo", where the gang goes to Hawaii to solve a mystery. As always, at the end, the bad guy is unmasked, states that he would have succeeded had it not been for the "meddling kids", and is promptly hauled away to jail. What makes this movie unique is the pair of law enforcement officers that appear to dispose of the baddie. One is drawn EXACTLY to look like Jack Lord...square jaw, somewhat-permanent scowl on the face, and the hair--drawn perfectly. Kudos to whomever it was on the animation team who took the time to recognize Jack Lord and what he meant to Hawaii-based entertainment, whether it be animated or otherwise.

Bobbi looked into this and found the following in the "gallery" for this film on IMDb:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433771.../rm3238177281/

This film is available via YouTube for "renting" (I think)...

Speaking of Scooby Doo Five-O......when Ray Danton gets taken into custody at the end of "Steal Now, Pay Later" he could have easily shouted at Casey Kasem, "I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for that voice of a meddling kid!"

There's so much I can say here

Casey Kasem did a lot of VA (Voice Acting) work back in the day. No doubt, his work as Shaggy on Scooby-Doo helped a lot. That didn't prevent from doing live action stuff as he made two appearances on Five-O: not only was he in "Steal Now, Pay Later," he was also Freddie Dryden, an annoying TV personality that McGarrett would rather die than be in the same room with in S06E22 "Mother's Deadly Helper." Dryden is obnoxious (I just watched this episode last night) and definitely a glory hound.

Of note, Kasem also was the one who dubbed over Jimmy Borges' voice in S07E11 "Welcome To Our Branch Office" when McGarrett gives Borges' reporter character a tough time about how many times they're going to ask the same questions. It's the key to McGarrett figuring out there's a bogus Five-O team running around! When I listen to the clip, it's Kasem and I checked with two friends of mine from another fandom ("Battle of the Planets") and they said the same. Kasem voiced the the team commander in that series. (I know, too much info, right?)

Thread Information