Thread: Did Kam Fong want out of the show?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks! Because when I googled all I got was the same story we always heard about how Kam didn’t want his character to be killed off but rather to retire gracefully. I didn’t see anything about why (or if) he wanted to quit the show.

Also does anyone know anything about Kam wanting out of the show as early as season 5 or 6? Some reviewer on IMDB reviewing “Mother’s Deadly Helper” wrote that the episode showed why the series was going downhill fast and why Kam wanted out of the show. I think that’s a bunch of hogwash! Seasons 5 and 6 were the show at its peak and certainly “Mother’s Helper” was in no way an indicator of the show’s decline in quality. It’s an excellent episode! I think the reviewer is full of it!

Five-O Home Page Author Mr. Mike's Avatar
    Originally Posted by ringfire211 View Post
    Some reviewer on IMDB reviewing “Mother’s Deadly Helper” wrote that the episode showed why the series was going downhill fast and why Kam wanted out of the show. I think that’s a bunch of hogwash! Seasons 5 and 6 were the show at its peak and certainly “Mother’s Helper” was in no way an indicator of the show’s decline in quality. It’s an excellent episode! I think the reviewer is full of it!
    There are various blunders of this nature in the IMDb reviews, plot synopses, etc., etc. Some of these are pretty off base. However, I shouldn't point this out, because when I was doing my re-viewing of episodes for the last few years, I found several mistakes of this nature in my own reviews, some of which had been there for 20 years or more, and no one had ever caught them!

Thread Information